Boating Safety

Pleasure Craft Licence

If you operate or keep your boat mostly in Canada, and it is powered by one or more motors adding up to 10 horsepower or more, you must get it licensed, unless you register it.

You must also license dinghies or tenders you carry aboard or tow behind a larger boat. A pleasure craft licence is a document giving your boat a unique licence number that is valid for 10 years. The Pleasure Craft Licensing System allows Search and Rescue personnel to access information about your boat 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the event of an emergency.

This could mean the difference between life and death! If your boat does not need a pleasure craft licence, you can choose to get one for safety reasons.




More information in regards to boating safety can be found below

Source : Safe Boating Guide – Transport Canada